This article is an insight to the various models of advertising on Google and the pros and cons to the two most popular way of advertising on google.
The Pros and Cons of Pay-per-click and Pay-per-view Advertising Models for Air Ambulance services
There are two advertising models provided by online search engines to website and business owners who wish to promote their business online. The first one is known as pay-per-click or PPC and the second is called by the name of pay-per-view or PPV model. Both forms of advertising require website visitors to complete a task. In a PPC model, the visitor has to click an ad and be redirected to the business website and in a PPV model, the visitor only has to view an ad in order to achieve the goal. Both models have their pros and cons and to decide which one is better suited to the requirements of a business, we need to study these pros and cons in detail.
Pros and Cons of Pay-Per-Click Advertising
Many business owners choose this method of advertising because of its prominent benefits. Here are some of the pros of this model that make it a better option when planning an online advertising campaign:
- One of the most high up benefits of PPC advertising is that it allows marketers to bring in highly targeted traffic to their website so that the visitors would actually convert into customers.
- Another benefit that makes PPC an attractive advertising model is its ability to bring in fast results.
- When using PPC, a marketer is able to control the costs associated with online advertising through careful selection of keywords and spending money on only those keywords which are relevant to their business.
- PPC allows marketers to run a trial campaign without any risk. This way they can choose the keywords that bring in most traffic and discard the rest that are not important to the theme of their website.
- A PPC ad requires the marketer to pay for only those ads that are actually clicked by the user. This allows having maximum return on investment.
- PPC advertising is not suitable for marketers who have no prior experience in this field because the model is a bit complicated to understand.
- Such a model may cost you a huge sum of money without bringing in any real results particularly if you are not doing it right.
- Sometimes sponsored listings are ignored by users simply because they know that these are advertisements that may require them to pay money at the end of the day. It has been estimated that only 15% of the sponsored links are actually clicked by the visitors.
- Popular keywords can be very expensive and therefore it is sometimes difficult to get the desired results that you are expecting from your PPC campaign.
- Although click fraud is highly unlikely in case of popular PPC service providers, it is still present out there where your competitors as well as the PPC service you are using may try to eliminate you from the scene by implementing fraudulent clicks on your listings.
Pros and Cons of Pay-Per-View Advertising
Launching a PPV campaign is easy and straight forward and although it’s a relatively newer model in the online advertising world, many people consider using it because of its simplicity and cost effectiveness. If you are considering PPV advertising model to grow your business online, here are some of the benefits you might be interested in:
- PPV is a cost effective method of growing a business on the internet as it allows reaching a large number of people who might be interested in the listing.
- Pay-per-view advertising is a great way to create brand awareness online. All you have to do is design an attractive ad and market it online so that people would see and recognize your brand or logo.
- It is much more affordable than PPC and can therefore be used as a starting point in online advertising. PPV ads cost only around 0.02 cents per view, which is extremely cheap in the online advertising world.
- PPV advertising allows marketers to directly link to affiliate offers and bring in positive results without having to spend a lot of money on PPC keywords.
- Like PPC, tracking results and testing the model is quite easy with PPV. This way you can choose the ads that actually bring in positive results and discard the rest.
- Since PPV advertising requires the marketer to pay for each view, the ads are displayed as pop-ups or pop-under that can sometimes be very frustrating for the user.
- Although PPV model is less complicated than PPC, it is still important to calculate the cost of conversion in order to see if it is really working for your business.
- Optimizing such a campaign needs time and experience since users tend to ignore or close pop-up ads as soon as they appear?
- Getting users to actually complete a task you want them to in the case of PPV advertising is a bit difficult. For this purpose, advertisers use video or audio messages to make their ads quite tempting.
- With PPV advertising, the marketer has to monitor keywords on a regular basis in order to see which ones are actually converting.
Great keywords are important for Air Ambulance advertising on the world wide web.
Online advertising has made it possible for marketers to focus on certain keywords that bring heavy amount of traffic to their website. Previously it was not possible through newspaper or television ads, in which the marketer could only convey their message but could not guarantee success. PPC and PPV models are both flexible and offer a number of opportunities to the advertisers to launch a customized and successful marketing campaign. However, before investing in either one of these models you should consider the pros and cons listed above and then decide which one is better suited to your online business.