1. Stay in the building. Do not evacuate.
2. DROP, and take shelter under tables, desks, in doorways and similar places. Keep away from overhead fixtures, windows, filing cabinets and bookcases. COVER your head and neck with your arms. HOLD the position until the ground stops shaking.
3. Assist any disabled persons in the area and find a safe place for them.
4. If you are outside, stay outside. Move to an open area away from buildings, trees, power lines, and roadways.
AFTER AN EARTHQUAKE
1. Check for injuries. If qualified, give first aid; otherwise, seek help.
2. Check for safety hazards: fire, electrical, gas leaks, water supply, etc. Coordinate with your supervisor and begin turning off all potentially hazardous equipment such as gas and electric appliances.
3. Do not use telephones, including cellular/mobile phones, or roads unless necessary. Keep them open for emergency use.
4. Be prepared for aftershocks.
5. Cooperate, keep informed and remain calm.
6. DO NOT RETURN to a building unless told to do so by Volunteers of Hi Flying.
IF EVACUATION IS ORDERED
1. Seek out any disabled or injured persons in the area and give assistance. Exit using the stairway. Do not use elevators.
2. Beware of falling debris or electrical wires as you exit.
3. Go to an open area away from buildings, trees, power lines and roadways.
4. Wait for further instructions from emergency personnel.