The attacks on Charlie Hebdo were conducted in January 2015 by a branch of the Al-Qaeda in Yemen. Those were conducted as an attack on Charlie Hebdo due to what was described as the blasphemous insults which were heaped against Prophet Mohammad by Charlie Hebdo.
Date of attacks: 13th November 2015.
Around 8:30 PM, an explosion is heard near the Stade de France; Francois Hollande, the President of France was inside, watching a friendly football match against Germany. Two dead bodies were recovered; one seemed to be a suicide bomber with an explosive vest; another was, possibly, a passerby. Around 21:25 Hrs Kalashnikov-wielding masked intruders barged into the Petit Cambodge restaurant in the 10th district; French Police confirm 18 dead,
21:30 Hrs Another explosion outside the stadium; another dead body, possibly another suicide bomber, also wearing an explosive vest,
21:32 Hrs Five people killed outside a bar in 11th district; attackers arrived ina black car,
21:36 Hrs Terrorists in a black car kill 19 outside restaurant,
21:40 Hrs Another suicide bomber detonates a bomb in a restaurant,
21:40 Hrs Three attackers storm a rock concert by a rock band from USA,. Many people are killed and an unspecified number taken hostage. The attackers also preferred a short speech about Iraq and Syria,
21:53 Hrs Another suicide bomber detonates a bomb; another body is recovered,
22:15 Hrs President Hollande is escorted to safety,
23:02 Hrs President Hollande places France under emergency stating that the borders of the country had been sealed. A statement from Barack Obama expressing solidarity with the people of France was also read out.
00:20 Hrs Concert hall is stormed by French police; 89 hostages are reportedly killed.
There were 129 casualties, 352 wounded and about 100 whose condition was critical. Note: The above timelines, accounts of incidents and the figures provided may lack some accuracy since there are so many sources and versions. But, these accounts are roughly precise.
Ordinary folk could not comprehend the reasons why such a horrific massacre was being enacted with such a magnitude. But, some well-known analysts have put up some very plausible arguments to explain, as far as such matters can be, which provide an insight to the approximate reasons for this senseless carnage.
Historically, France has been engaging in activities that have caused an accumulation of Muslim grouses against them. That feeling of antagonism keeps boiling over and the results are there to see.
A prominent newspaper has more or less hit the nail on the head while summarizing the reasons holding France responsible for the following hostile misdemeanors:
- France have caused public outrage in the Muslim community by its blasphemous and insulting satires against the Prophet; tolerance to such references in the name of freedom of speech goes aginst the grain of the most moderate within the Muslim community,
- They have been leading crusades against the Muslims since times immemorial and have been treating the African Muslims with disdain and arrogance ever since its annexation of Algeria in 1830,
- Following the first world war the French forces captured Syria and Lebanon and this led to the domination of many French settlers in those parts and North Africa; the period following world war 2 saw a minor exodus or resettlement of North Africans in the industrialized parts of Northern France, Lyon and the less affluent parts of Paris; they multiplied and stayed on even after the major industries closed down post industrialization,
- But, the social divide could never be bridged; rather, the French could never shed a colonial sense of superiority over the predominantly Muslim migrants; this situation resulted in an explosive uprising by the have-nots over the denial of basic rights of citizens,
- The reasons for the seclusion of the migrants were not communal; rather, they were directed at African stock, generally,
- France continues to remain a leading force in the air attacks on the Islamic State in Syria; they are accused of utilizing their rusting planes and soldiers who were just cooling their heels and losing their battlefield skills,
- French operations in Mali in 2014 did nothing to improve the image of an anti-Islamic France; rather, it added fuel to the already simmering fire since the operation was directed specifically against the advancing Islamic militants,
- While Germany, the strongest country and Britain, Italy and Spain etc are steering clear of theses anti-Islamist campaigns, France is the most devastating force with its outright bombing campaigns in Syria and Iraq.
- That France is being singled out by ISIS while pledging revenge against its western adversaries is not surprising at all.
- The 29 year old mastermind was killed on 18th November,
- Search is on for two more terrorists,
- Seven terrorists perished.
HI Flying was in the fore front in the patient evacuation from Paris to various destinations in Europe, Middle east and United states for their patients who were injured.
Psychologically compromised patients were also medically counseled before transportation back home.