Don’t travel without travel insurance.
Before you purchase your insurance policy check what you will be covered for including any activities you might want to undertake whilst on holiday.
Not buying travel insurance could cost you a lot more if you are unfortunate to get into difficulties.
Emergencies abroad can be very expensive. If you need to be returned to your home it could cost you thousands of dollars, unless you are adequately insured.
Some examples of recent claims values if you are admitted at a hospital like Elizabeth hospital are as under;
- USD 1000: ICU, 1 night private hospital
- USD 500: Room, 1 night private hospital
- USD 20,000 : Commercial flight transfer to Home country
- USD 10,000: Angiogram
- USD 18,000: Angioplasty
- USD 80,000: Jet charter Air Ambulance to Home
- Remember if you are uninsured, although your Consulate and Embassy may offer some advisory assistance in the event of a claim abroad, they will not pay for any medical or repatriation costs.
- Its your take and your family and friends who needs to take the bill
- For more information on individual and corporate travel insurance - call us or email us