Marketing it wrong - by Wilbur - Marketing genius from HI Flying - Air Ambulance International
Common Forum Marketing Mistakes to Avoid
One of the most respectable and highly effective online marketing platforms is through the use of forums. Many online marketers turn to forums to attract new customers into their online businesses and at the same time share their expertise. Through the forums, you can meet and convert people to buying clients. Unfortunately, not all online businesses and marketers who turn to forums achieve their goals. Their failure to meet their objectives is attributed to the following five mistakes that must be avoided.
1. Attempts to Prove You are Always Right: Every person holds divergent opinions on common issues. You are likely to disagree with some posts and so are others likely to openly disagree with your thoughts and observations. You don’t have to look the fool in any argument that may erupt in the forum by engaging in non-ending arguments with others, some who might be more specialized in a specific area. This breed of people will bombard you with facts and eventually humiliate you. You have to accept that not everyone will like you, your online business, and even the products. Watch out for the danger signs and take cover in time lest you fail your objective in the forum.
2. Appearing Rude and Cursing: Anger management is a skill that is very likely to elope through the windows easily whenever some people are offended. An otherwise composed person is likely to turn rude and abusive. This is dangerous as it hurts your business. Many people tend to over defend themselves and as a result use rude words. It is suicidal to be rude to your potential customers. Don’t expose your selfish character to the forum members. If anger is pilling on your side, simply move to the next thread where sanity still prevails.
3. Affiliate Linking: The potential to promote your affiliate online business through the use of forums is enormous. Unfortunately, forums are not the best places to promote affiliate links, sorry, but try somewhere else. You can easily get banned as many forums don’t allow them. Just use the forums to share information and leave the selling to the business.
4. Questionable Grammar: Your posts are likely to be disregarded if you write like you just fall off a tree. Forgetting basic punctuations like periods, commas, writing in all caps, spelling flaws and half sentences are likely to paint you as an incompetent person. To avoid this, simply proof read your posts or use the in-browser spell and grammar checker.
5. Copy Pasting Posts and Responses: However committed you might be, try to come up with fresh and unique posts. If you have to quote from it, make it known so. Just because a member asks a similar question as one asked by someone else before doesn’t make the answers similar. Stay original always.
To get the best from forums for your online business, it is essential that you have a well written signature, you regularly post and stay active and desist from posting sales copies, they turn people off.